Happy New Moon, Sparklers! Tonight (or tomorrow, depending on your time zone) our dear moon begins a new cycle. From my perspective, this week packs a potent punch when it comes to the importance of the ebb and flow of cycles. This is the first new moon after the solar eclipse, and later this week we shift, officially, out of summer and into autumn. A cycle-centric week is upon us, indeed!
It is so damn easy to just keep moving. Stay busy. Keep your head down. Walk through life following an uninspired routine, sticking to traditional paths, and following the herd (which often includes lots of numbing with technology or food or booze or… you get the picture). This makes us dangerously zombie-like, disconnecting us from our true selves.
Humans have cycles. Be it energetic shifts in one 24-hour period, the 28 day (give or take) window of fertility, or groups of years spent exploring a new phase of life; humans rely on cycles. Just like our dear moon.
I adore the moon, and I love when I have the chance to celebrate her. Just like humans, the moon requires cycles. It is never “business as usual” for the beautiful moon. Every day is a small shift, a change, and evolution. Just like the moon, the small shifts we make every day can truly result in something gorgeous.
In honor of the new moon, today/tomorrow is a great day to celebrate the beginning of a new cycle for yourself. Here are a few of my favorite new moon practices. As with all things wellness, take what you need and leave the rest:
- Clean out a closet
- General house cleaning
- Burn sage or palo santo in your home
- Take a bath with Epsom salt
- Dry brush
- Sweat (I love Shapehouse for a good sweat, but standard saunas or a hot yoga class are great too!)
- Exercising with intention to release (release stress, sweat, emotions, etc.)
- Intermittent fasting
- Clean eating day (focus on eating only plants, healthy fats, and protein)
- Visualize the moon in her cycles along with your breath
- Sound baths
- Simply get still with yourself
- Free write (Just put the pen to paper with no expectations and see what comes out)
- Write a gratitude list for the abundance that is on its way to you
When the moon begins a new cycle, it is a potent time for us to release what needs to go and to manifest our dreams. Just the simple act of recognizing the moon and the small shifts she makes daily can be a catalyst for moving away from the zombie-like states we are all programmed to be in, and towards more and more sparkle.
Are you in need of support in making these shifts? You can find me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy New Moon, Sparklers!