Leo season is here. On August 11, I turn 35 years old. This is a milestone birthday, coming during a year of significant, stretching, overwhelming change. Being human is hard, right? As I have been reflecting on my habits, practices, and potential in my journey to continue to expand and untap my sparkle, I am knocked over specifically, by one piece. Throughout my life I have been eyeing, flirting, dancing, and dabbling with the power of my own intuition. My fear has kept me from going big; it is too scary, too woo-woo, too much. It is this practice, the potential, the power within humans that excites me more than anything else. And yet, anytime I have moved closer, danced faster, started to feel it in my bones… I run. I imagine that there is a whole lot of insight one can read into about who I am that this is my response. (Messy human? CHECK.) It is time for me to love myself through this process, grab the FEAR, look it in the eyes, kiss it passionately on the lips and say:
Thank you for doing your job, I see you. I acknowledge you and your role in my life, and I ask you to take a vacation. You have been working overtime, to say the absolute least. I need to explore new territories within myself without you on the frontlines.
Turning 35 feels like the perfect time to dive into this space within myself. My 35th year will be my #YearofIntuition. I will prioritize anything and everything that will help me crack open my inner knowing, my true power, my raw, messy, wild self; and of course, untap my sparkle more and more and more.
#YearofIntuition begins August 11, 2017. I will adjust my #yearofintuition protocol as I see fit… and as my intuition grows and speaks through me. To begin, the #YearofIntuition will include:
- Continued daily meditation, but with longer and more intuition focused practices
- Continued weekly hiking practice - connecting with nature = connecting with myself
- Accessing the beautiful world of the Akashic Records more often for myself, as well as others
- Clearing my vessel
- Dietary shifts (specifically, Whole30) to release the numbing effects that food can have on intuition (more on this soon!)
- Ongoing evaluation of habits with caffeine and alcohol
- Detoxification exploration
- Intermittent fasting
- Sweat, sweat, sweat
- Energetic clearing
- Space clearing
- Salt baths
- Feeling, loving, and APPRECIATING my body as much as possible
The practices will shift and evolve, just as I intend to through this process. For now, while I am still in 34, I will dream about what else 35 may bring. Leo season is here… I hope, no matter your star sign, you roar and sparkle as much as possible!